Monday, January 14, 2008

happy 1/2 birthday to us!


this weekend i lived it up in nashville with my awesome friends robin and sara.  we all have a birthday in the same week - ironic , huh?  but this weekend we were celebrating our HALF-birthdays.  for those of you who are not fortunate enough to celebrate half - birthdays, it it the date exactly 6 months from your real DOB.  i love it when little kids emphasize "i'm four AND A HALF" as they hold up their 4 cute little fingers.  half - birthdays were super special for me b/c that was the day i got to take cookies to school.  i had a summer birthday so i missed out on the whole school birthday party until my brilliant mom came up with the idea to celebrate my 1/2 BD.  anyways, sara, robin, and i had a great time shopping and eating and catching up.  i forgot my camera, but here is a recent picture of us (and a good excuse to put a wedding picture on here).  i love you girls! (and i really recommend half - BDs now b/c you can celebrate and eat cheesecake but not really get older!)
posts to come... lime trees and W's

8 comments:

Brooke said...

YEA for the blog and for July birthdays! love you!

khovater said...

Glad to see you on!! Happy half birhtday and I am glad you had fun with the girls. I will call you soon.

Sarah said...

That is such a fun idea!

Amy said...

hey ashley, what a cute idea, i love it!! oh, and uh, Happy belated Birthday =) i love the name too, hodge podge, very clever! Noah and I will have to come visit when everything settles down around here! Hope to see you soon! Love ya!! Amy (Kink)

Tad and Michelle said...

Hi Ashley,
Your wedding looked beautiful. I saw some pictures on Robin's site. Glad I stumbled across your blog. I just found Katie Fant's too. Take Care
Michelle (Ford) Morris

Jenna McGarvey said...

YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!! Are you in Memphis still. I tried to call your house a while back but didn't get anyone. Sorry with all the moving, 3x in 3 years, I have lost numbers and such. I sure do miss ya!

Britney said...

Yeah, I had just found you through Katie too! It is so good to hear that you are doing well! You look beautiful in your wedding pic!!

I am a July bd too, and love the idea of half birthdays!

Jesse Faris said...

Oh girl, I am SO all about the half birthdays. (Being the July 16th baby that I am!) Nick has a February birthday, so he doesn't understand what all the big hooplah is about.

I am so happy I found your blog!